Google

52 jobs in 52 weeks

Sean Aiken is doing 52 jobs in 52 weeks. Anybody, anywhere can offer him a job for one week and in the past 28 weeks he’s been a Dairy Farmer, Radio DJ, Veterinarian, Advertising Executive, Florist, Job Recruiter, Yoga Instructor, TV Talk Show intern and Snowshoe guide. He just completed Week #29 in which he was a Tradeshow Salesman in Atlanta, GA.
Talk about job-hopping :o)
It gets better: Sean’s one week employers donate any wages to charity, and he’s raised a little over $11,000 so far.
I had a chance to ask Sean a couple of questions about happiness at work - he ought to have some experiences to draw on by now…
Q: So Sean, what have been the most fun jobs so far?I think the most fun jobs so far have been: Radio DJ, Brewmaster, Rock Climbing Instructor, Advertising Executive, and Dairy Farmer.
Q: What has this experience taught you about enjoying work - is there something you can pass on to people everywhere who may not be having much fun in their current work.I have found that when I ask people what they like most about their jobs, the response is often the people they work with. I have realized that you could have the best or worst job in the world, though it is the people you work with that are going to make it a positive or negative work environment.
I think our attitudes play a big part in our workplace satisfaction. If you are not enjoying your job, I have learned that even small changes can make a big difference and it may not be necessary to change professions completely. Perhaps, simply changing departments, asking for more responsibility, etc.
Q: Has there been one job where you thought “Yeah - I could get to like THIS!”I think I could get to like most things. I could definitely see myself in all my previous One Week Jobs in some capacity or another, though if I had to choose one, I enjoyed working for a non-profit as a Cancer Fundraiser. Everybody I was working with were so passionate about their jobs which made for a great work environment and I really liked the fact that what I was doing was contributing to benefiting the lives of so many.
I think Sean’s project is a fantastic idea and I know he’s still looking for work - so consider employing Sean for a week in your company, I’m sure it’ll be a blast! Check out the One Week Job website to learn more and to see video from Sean’s previous employment adventures.

No comments:

Google